Why Choose Side-Pro, Inc. for Your Siding Project? We Emphasize Safety in Everything We Do
Side-Pro, Inc. received national recognition by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) for their award winning safety program at the International Builders Show in February 2008.
This exceptional safety program is to ensure that the well-being of our employees is our first priority in everything we do. Safety and health in our business is a part of every operation and is every employee’s responsibility at all levels at Side-Pro, Inc. All of the employees are encouraged to be aware of conditions in their respective work areas that can produce or lead to injuries. Prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses is of such consequence that it will be given precedence over production activities.
To ensure compliance from all employees, we have instituted the following safety enhancements and regulations:
- We provide every new employee a safety orientation and briefing of our safety policy and procedures prior to leaving for their first job site.
- Each crew lead is required to be first aid and CPR certified.
- We have a daily safety checklist that is required to be filled out by our superintendents and turned into the office at the close of each day.
- To encourage compliance by our crews in the field, we have a safety bonus that is available to every crew on each job that is rewarded for 100% compliance during the daily spot checks.
- We provide each crew a job pack that includes directions to the nearest medical facility and phone numbers from their particular job site. The pack also includes all safety procedures for the safe operation of the equipment and machinery that will be used at that job site. The Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and accident prevention program is posted in the job shack. This job pack is posted in the garage of the job site.
- Weekly safety meetings are required of all crew members. This meeting ensures the most up-to-date information is conveyed to all employees.
- We utilize Labor and Industries twice a year to spot check our sites and provide advice so that we can continue to improve our safety program and ensure that we meet the highest safety standards in our industry.